The design of the modular Bone and Joint Revision System MEGASYSTEM-C® for tumor and revision surgery has been developed in collaboration with Prof. Dr. Capanna of the Centro Traumatologico Ortopedico in Florence.
Due to its high modularity, the system allows partial bone replacements both in the proximal and distal femur in small increments as well as a total replacement of the femur. For the knee joint components, the Endo-Model® SL® Rotational Knee is used in the MEGASYSTEM-C® .
The modularity of the system helps to successfully address intraoperative problems. Observation of biomechanical load and anchoring principles and the application of clinically proven implant components successfully implanted over a long period allow utmost safety of the system and thus good prospects for the surgical outcome.
• Maximum intraoperative flexibility using highly modular implant components, thus reducing costs for true custom-made implants
• System-integrated components compatible with standard implant systems such as the MP® Reconstruction Hip System and Endo-Model® Total Knee Joint Prosthesis System
• Knee joint components based on long-term clinical experience with the Endo-Model® Rotational Knee Prosthesis
• Coupling mechanics clinically used over a long period
• Cemented and cementless stem components
• Length adjustment in 10 mm increments intraoperatively
• Microporous implant surfaces support bone ongrowth
• Easy to handle system-integrated instrumentation